From Sanctuary Shard
We will be using the last set of Serv UO scripts that we built. The user manual will contain only those aspects which are non-standard additions. To those who have never played UO before; this wiki does not teach you how to play UO, rather it assumes you know how, and only need to know what is new or different from standard game play. We will make an effort to provide a selection of other websites for players new to the game mechanics.
Please note that we have AOS (Age of Shadow) changes DISABLED on Sanctuary. We are not using any of the elemental resists or elemental damage options now standard in Ultima Online. Instead, we are using a blend of new stuff with the elemental aspects turned off, as well as a return to the old magic item options for power, destruction, etc. We understand that some of the screens (gumps) still show elemental resists, but they SHOULD NOT affect game play. (If they do please report it.).
This means that many of the skills in-game are not exactly like standard UO; so when reading UO Stratics or UO Guide, please keep this in mind. We do intend to do more with magic items and stuff, but not for a while.
We are sure that there will be a number of things we find that will need to be fixed, as it stands, between now and Go Live (9/1). Staff reserve the right to fix/confiscate anything they think is either unbalanced or just plain ugly. Please help out and report any of the following things:
- Glowing or spangled colored items.
- 8/11/19: Necromancy, Spellweaving, Chivalry (Devotion), Ninjitsu (Deception) and Bushido (Precision) are all only partially implemented because we turned of AOS and they all need a review and some attention. They should be resolved in a few weeks.
- 8/11/19: There are some really badly scripted mobs in the base Serv UO code and occasionally spawning them crashes the shard. Please be patient with us as we try and get Underhill spawned.
- 8/11/19: Almost all of Grimmwold's crafting system has been moved over, but some with more skill then others ... expect changes to keep coming.
- 8/14/19: Weapon abilities being set to pre-AOS.
- How to Train Skills
- Skills on Sanctuary use our Grimmwold methods for skill training, including passive gains, 2 min timer activation, no difficulty checks, more than 1300 skill points using a .spec setting, and so on. In addition, you can purchase limited training from NPCs as well as advanced " book skills" both of which are available on Master NPCs. Read More ..
- Message of the Day
- Sanctuary uses a message of the day command (.MOTD) which also functions as our event calendar. Players can create their own events and tag a location allowing guests to join them at the event location.
- Custom Player Commands
- Sanctuary has a number of custom commands that players should familiarize themselves with. Read More ..
- We offer both player housing and player shops. Please note that houses can not have vendors, and shops are required to have stocked vendors. Read More..
- Armor on Sanctuary is pre-aos with heavy customization. Read More ..
- Player vs Player
- There are a variety of ways in which player vs player conflict is initiated and resolved on Sanctuary; including a dueling system, a guild PvP system and RPCSS. Read More ..
Most of the melee, barding and spell casting skills should match OSI/Base UO as of 2016 which is the version of ServUO we are currently using. We are happy to transfer over any updates, assuming it doesn't effect any core systems or balance issues. If you discover something is missing, please request its addition on the forums.
Resource & Craft Skills
Most of these skills function like the craft skills from Grimmwold except where the Grimmwold craft skill was nearly identical to OSI/Base UO anyway; in which case, we have used the updated version of the crafting skill from ServUO circa 2016. If you discover NON-AOS updates available on OSI/Base UO, and you'd like us to investigate adding them, please put the request on the forums.
Pages in category "UserManual"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.