From Sanctuary Shard
Farming is used to harvest food and alchemy reagents.
Farming is activated by double-clicking a harvestable item.
- Basic Harvestables
- Planting Seeds
Some seeds can be purchased from a Farmer NPC. When you plant the seed, the lower your skill, the higher chance you have of getting a weed instead of a plant. To harvest the plant once it has fully grown, double-click the plant. To remove a weed, double-click it.
- Fruit Trees
- Harvesting from fruit trees is the Lumberjacking skill, not the farming skill.
Herb Harvesting (Book Skill)
Once you reach 80 farming you can buy the book, Guide to Herbal Garden Care and Usage, from a Master NPC which allows you to grow the following alchemy herbs.
- Golden seal
- Thorn Apple
- St John's Wort
- Note: Boomshrooms must be found in the wild.
Horticulture (Book Skill)
Once you have reached 80 farming, you can buy the book Horticulture: The Path of the Green Thumb from the Master Farmer. This allows you to grow and breed plants, like is found on OSI. You will need a plant bowl, crafted by tinkers to get started.
Wine Crafting (Book Skill)
- To begin crafting wine, you will need 80 farming and the winecrafting skillbook (available on the Master Farmer).
- Grapevines can be placed with the Grapevine placement tool (available from the winecrafter vendor). Vines cost 250 gold to place on a tile, and you can only place grapevines on farmland. You can change the grape type using this tool.
- Double-click on the grapevines to start harvesting them.
- Once you have harvested your grapes, you will use the Wine Crafting Tools (craftable by tinkers) near a wine vat to make the wine.
- A keg of wine requires grapes, yeast and sugar to make. Yeast and sugar are purchasable from the winecrafter vendor. A completed wine keg will take one real-life week to ferment. Then you can put the wine into bottles for smaller sale.
- You can make single bottles of wine with grapes and an empty wine bottle (craftable by glassblowers).
- The vineyard labeling tool (craftable by tinkers) lets you label kegs and individual bottles of wine.
Please Note: Sugar is set in the scripts to stack, but it is not a stackable graphic, therefore you can not UNSTACK them, but the system will use them in crafting one at a time.
Skills on Sanctuary use our Grimmwold methods for skill training, including passive gains, 2 min timer activation, no difficulty checks, more than 1300 skill points using a .spec setting, and so on. In addition, you can purchase limited training from NPCs as well as advanced " book skills" both of which are available on Master NPCs. Read More ..
- Low skill levels can be trained by one of the Master NPCs.
- The books for crafting book skills can be purchased at the Master NPCs.
- Easiest way to train Farming is by harvesting flax.