From Sanctuary Shard
This skill is used to make clothing, rugs, leather armor, decorations and magical footwear.
Use a sewing kit near a tailoring dummy station. Tailoring dummies can be found at most crafting areas or NPC Tailoring shops. Not all dummies are usable, some are just deco.
- Available Items
- We have all of the original UO Renn clothing, plus some Samurai Empire items and dozens of custom clothing.
- You can obtain bandages by using scissors on cut-up cloth.
- By using scissors on pieces of clothing, you can obtain a piece of cut-up cloth the same color as the piece of clothing was.
- Spinning and Weaving
- You can spin cotton, flax and wool on a spinning loom to make thread, and then use thread on a loom to make cloth. Double click the spinning wheel FIRST (not the flax/cotton/wool) to spin. Spinning wheels and looms will increase farming skill, not tailoring skill.
- Leather working
- You can make any of the leather armor, or items with any of the leathers available. It will indicate on the recipe whether the item will retain the leather color or not. Horned, barbed, and spined leathers are available as drops. You need the following skill to work with each leather:
- Spined: 65
- Horned: 80
- Barbed: 99
There are a variety of different dyes available. Normal and Tailoring dyes can be purchased on NPCs and Special Hues can be made by Cooking.
- Normal dyes
- Has 30 uses.
- To Use: 0 Tailoring (variety of standard colors)
- Tailoring dyes
- Has 30 uses.
- To Use: 30 Tailoring (variety of better standard colors)
- Special Hue Dyes
- See the Cooking page for detail and screen shots
Magical Tailoring (Book Skill)
Magical tailoring can be used to make fast shoes and arcane garb. You need 80 tailoring and the magical tailoring skillbook, which you can buy from the Master Farmer.
To create arcane garb, double-click an arcane gem and use it on an exceptionally crafted robe, thigh boots, cloak or regular leather gloves. (Unlike OSI, the arcane items on Sanctuary do not have the arcane art for the clothing item.)
- Arcane items allow you to cast without reagents, but takes a charge off the item.
- Unlike OSI mechanics, being a GM tailor does not grant any additional charges.
Wide Loom Weaving (Book Skill)
Once you have 80 Tailoring, you can get the book "The Wide Loom and You" from the Master Farmer. This allows you to craft rugs and tapestries. This requires a Wide Loom (placed by GMs at crafting stations), and a wide loom shuttle, created by tinkers. The wide loom has black thread on it, unlike the normal loom which has white.
We offer an engraving system to allow customization of most crafted items, either by creating a custom name or (at GM skill) a custom .look. Read More ..
Skills on Sanctuary use our Grimmwold methods for skill training, including passive gains, 2 min timer activation, no difficulty checks, more than 1300 skill points using a .spec setting, and so on. In addition, you can purchase limited training from NPCs as well as advanced " book skills" both of which are available on Master NPCs. Read More ..
- Low skill levels can be trained by one of the Master NPCs.
- The books for crafting book skills can be purchased at the Master NPCs.
- The fastest way to train tailoring is to make bandages.