From Sanctuary Shard
Necromancy is the primary skill of the Necromancer. Necromancy has been significantly crippled by the implementation of Pre-AOS.
This skill has been deemed non-functional due to the disabling of AOS on the shard. If you have taken this skill in error, please page in-game for a skill swap. We will not be supporting this skill until it is re-written. Read More ..
Necromancy was released to UO after the implementation of AOS, consequently, most of its spells had AOS functionality. An initial pass was made on the system in 2019 to convert the AOS spells to our Pre-AOS system. It was by no means a complete or balanced conversion. Necromancy is planned for a complete rewrite. Until that time, you can use the skill "as is" but it's not supported, which means we will not be making any changes to it or addressing any other concerns.
- Necromancy scrolls can not be found on NPCs or produced by players, they can only be found on monsters.
- The original names for the reagents have not been changed in-game but not in the spellbook, please refer to the below list for translation.
The following spells have had changes made to them to align with our Pre-AOS design. If not all spells are listed here it is because they function similarly to Necromancy on UO Guide.
Transforms the Necromancer into the form of a lich, the master of magic. No duration. Casting this spell again or casting another transformation spell dispels it. While under the influence of this spell, the caster receives:
- +50% Mana Regeneration
- Hit points reduced every 4 seconds
- +25% damage from undead weapons
Increases AR, decreases spell interruption, reduces magic resist and increases damage taken from magic. This can be cleansed by Devotion Cleanse. It has a duration that is Spirit Speak - Magic Resist / 25 + 40 seconds.
A powerful form that grants many strengths, but prevents the Necromancer from using Garlic-based spells and potions. No duration. Casting this spell again or casting another transformation spell dispels it. While under the influence of this spell, the caster receives:
- 20% life drain
- +15 Stamina Regeneration
- +25% Mana Regeneration
- Resistance to most poisons (a similar effect to Orange Petals), but an inability to use cure potions
Damage from garlic (17-23 points of damage is dealt when Vampires cast spells that consume the garlic reagent, even if the spell is cast using a reagent-free method such as from a scroll)
- +25% damage from undead slayer weapons
Necromancy reagents can be mined using the book skill Visceral Reaping.
- Grave Dust rename to Creeping Lichen (same graphic new hue 1944)
- Nox Crystal rename to Criminal Bones (graphic for Bone)
- Daemon Blood rename to Devil's Snare (graphic for deadwood 3984)
- Batwing rename to Flesh Eating Moss (graphic 3964 blood spawn)
- Pig Iron rename to Blood Worms (graphic from Daemon Bones)
Skills on Sanctuary use our Grimmwold methods for skill training, including passive gains, 2 min timer activation, no difficulty checks, more than 1300 skill points using a .spec setting, and so on. In addition, you can purchase limited training from NPCs as well as advanced " book skills" both of which are available on Master NPCs. Read More ..
- Low skill levels can be trained by one of the Master NPCs.
- The books for crafting book skills can be purchased at the Master NPCs.