From Sanctuary Shard
Cooking makes food, inks, dyes, paints, and alchemy potions.
- Cooking requires a cooking tool such as a frying pan and an oven station. Ovens can be found at the various craft halls and in some of the NPC Shops, not all ovens are usable, some are just deco.
Paints, Dyes and Inks (Book Skill)
You can make clothing dyes, furniture paint, canvas paint and magical ink after purchasing the book, "Guide to Preparing Dyes, Paints & Special Inks". The book can be purchased at the Farm Master. Each dye offers 10 different colors.
Alchemy (Book Skill)
Alchemy is activated by tool and station; use a mortar and pestle near an alchemy table.
- All the lesser potions have been removed because they are unnecessary.
- The potions are renamed, see below.
- Alchemy will use more traditional medieval herbs, and not the magical reagents. The herbs can be harvested by farmers who have the Herb Lore Book Skill. The book can be purchased at the Farm Master.
- Boomshrooms can be harvested wild in marshy areas.
|Name of Potion||Old Potion Name||Herb Used & Amount|
|An Average Poison||Poison||2 Henbane|
|A Useful Poison||Greater Poison||4 Henbane|
|A Deadly Poison||Deadly Poison||6 Henbane|
|An Average Antidote||Cure||2 Lavender|
|A Useful Antidote||Greater Cure||3 Lavender|
|An Average Curative||Heal||2 Golden seal|
|A Useful Curative||Greater Heal||3 Golden seal|
|An Average Restorative||Refresh||2 Thorn Apple|
|A Useful Restorative||Total Refresh||3 Thorn Apple|
|An Average Incendiary||Explosion||2 Boomshrooms|
|A Useful Incendiary||Greater Explosion||4 Boomshrooms|
|Irradiant||Night Sight||1 Edelweiss|
|An Average Invigorant||Strength||2 St John's Wort|
|A Useful Invigorant||Greater Strength||3 St John's Wort|
|An Average Stimulant||Agility||2 Besom|
|A Useful Stimulant||Greater Agility||3 Besom|
- High Seas Potions
- Not currently implemented. We need to review this list of potions, as we are unfamiliar with them and notice they have a lot of weird ingredients that are map-specific.
Beer Brewing (Book Skill)
- Beer brewing was never implemented on Grimmwold, but I'd love to see it eventually implemented. Here is the design document -- perhaps something similar is available on Serv UO.
Skills on Sanctuary use our Grimmwold methods for skill training, including passive gains, 2 min timer activation, no difficulty checks, more than 1300 skill points using a .spec setting, and so on. In addition, you can purchase limited training from NPCs as well as advanced " book skills" both of which are available on Master NPCs. Read More ..
- Low skill levels can be trained by one of the Master NPCs.
- The books for crafting book skills can be purchased at the Master NPCs.