From Sanctuary Shard
This skill allows you to create incantation spell scrolls, paint pictures, make maps and weave baskets.
Inscription is a combination of three skills that were once Inscription, Artistry and Cartography. Inscriptions uses three seperate tools, one for Inscriptions, the pen and ink. One for Artistry which is the painting palette, and one for Cartography which is the map maker's pen.
Inscription requires a pen and ink tool and a writing desk station which can be found at most crafting centers and NPC magic shops. Not all writing desks work, some are just deco.
- Inscription crafts the spell papers needed for Incantation.
- Necromancy Spell Scrolls
- Inscription does not work for necromancy and we do not intend to implement it.
- Pending Changes
- There is a rather significant change pending for inscription. There is no current ETA, but players are advised.
Artistry is activated by using a "painting palette" tool (craftable via Carpentry) near an easel.
- Engraving Tool
- We offer an engraving system to allow customization of most crafted items, either by creating a custom name or (at GM skill) a custom .look. Read More ..
- You must first produce a canvas which is crafted by Artisans (0 skill required).
- Secondly you need paint; common Paint (listed as "Paint" in the tool), red Paint, blue Paint, yellow Paint and green Paint. The easier paintings require only common paint, while the harder paintings will require color-specific paint. Crafted by Cooking as a book Skill of Dyes, Paints and Inks.
Cartography only works on the Underhill map. Cartography is currently a craft skill, but the developers reserve the right to change it to a combat skill if future updates indicate that would be more logical.
- Train on Dock Master
- Treasure maps and cartography maps work for Underhill (Ilshenar)
- Treasure maps and cartography maps do not currently work on Cuiveinen (Felucca) or Summer Isle (Malas)
- Messages in a bottle are temporarily disabled.
- When looking for a treasure map, double click the shovel and then click on the map, which will give you a shovel to click on the map.
Basket Weaving (Book Skill)
The book, "Basket Weaving and You", can be purchased from the master woodsman. Basket weaving also uses the painting palette and you must be near an easel. Hay which is harvestable by Farming is used in producing baskets.
Skills on Sanctuary use our Grimmwold methods for skill training, including passive gains, 2 min timer activation, no difficulty checks, more than 1300 skill points using a .spec setting, and so on. In addition, you can purchase limited training from NPCs as well as advanced " book skills" both of which are available on Master NPCs. Read More ..
- Low skill levels can be trained by one of the Master NPCs.
- The books for crafting book skills can be purchased at the Master NPCs.