From Sanctuary Shard
It is our intention to allow all new players to start on a starter facet until they are ready to put in their application. We intend to keep applications simple.
Before You Apply
There is no urgency for you to submit your application. The shard is set up on auto account creation and you can get in and explore right now. Feel free to take some time to understand the storyline and then figure out how best you might craft a character to be involved.
- Updates to the application are logged here.
- Read the Application Guidelines.
- Be familiar with the map & facets we are using and what access you may or may not have based on your application.
- Know the options for Housing if you intend to have a house or shop.
- Read the Rules.
- Review this Player vs Player (Overview)
Your arrival in Sanctuary, which is called Cuiviénen by the Aelfeyn, begins on Summer Isle home to the Grey Rider. An island in the western sea which is a true sanctuary. The Grey Rider protects his lands from the ravages of war, making it an excellent location for vacation and commerce. Most of the heroes keep homes or shops here where they are able to welcome new realm arrivals.
Ask yourself this question when considering character ideas: "If my character is not going to further some god's own agenda, why was my character brought here in the first place."
Commonly asked questions about Applications
- Who do I talk to, now that my application is moved, to arrange for my alt?
Answer: You can make an alt character without an application. But if you intend on having that character participate in the shard storyline I.E. Leave Summer Isle, you will need to submit an application for that Alt.
- Discord Id -
- Please give us the discord account name that we can use to message you on discord.
- Previous Characters
- If you have played on our shards in the past by what names would we know you.
- Character Name -
- We require role-play appropriate names. Names using odd characters or capitalization are not allowed.
- Character Race & Sub-Race-
- We want to know what Sanctuary race best suits your character and what their sub-race is. Since we allow you to bring in a sub-race from a variety of other fictional worlds please let us know what the source for your characters sub-race is. Example: Aelfeyn, sub-race D&D Drow.
- Alternate Graphic
- If you want to shape change into a graphic other than human, what graphic is it? (It helps if you give us the name (not number) out of Inside UO, or a link to a picture of the graphic.)
- Character Description -
- Please provide details such as height, skin and hair color, and any deviations from human normal.
- Shard Plot Line -
- Access to the world map is restricted to those characters who are intending to active participate in the shard plot line. Please explain how you intend for your character to be involved. Read More ..
- Special Role-play Ability-
- We expect that all characters will come into Sanctuary with a wide range of racial varieties. We expect that you will use existing game mechanics, items, skills, etc to support any racial or personal ability that you want to claim in your RP. However, you may document ONE ability that can not be represented by mechs, and doesn't require visual in-game support to sell. Please keep it to something that lasts no longer than the length of a RP session.
- Previous World
- Please let us know what previous world your character is coming from.
- Backstory -
- 400 words or less. You may not play a native to Sanctuary, but your character can have arrived any time within the last 10 years.
Please be advised, that as per the Rules the World Map is rated ESRB's "Adults Only". Only players with approved applications can go to this map.
We are accepting ideas for Noble Houses at this time, and have a working application. If you would like to participate in the creation of the lore for a noble house please post your application on the House Application board where I can review it while you find the required number of players. Read More ...