From Sanctuary Shard
- We expect one account per player and reserve the right to investigate if accusations of cheating or meta gaming become prevalent. Otherwise we hope to simply ask everyone to play fair.
- You may use all five of your character slots. All five characters can be in a guild(s). But only one character can be an estate owner.
- There are five main categories of races, you must choose one of those five categories and abide by their limitations. Otherwise, you may be of any sub-race that you wish with the following restrictions.
- Individual sub-races who have non-human avatars are restricted to available 2D UO graphics. Read More ...
- There are no skill or stat modifications based on race (at this time).
- Shard lore and politics are intended to group characters by moral/ethical lines rather than racial lines.
Arrival in the World
- All player characters are brought into Sanctuary by either one of the character's own gods or by one of the three main forces of Sanctuary; Ancalagon the Black, Jormungandr, or the Grey Rider. Only NPCs can be native.
- Player characters can have arrived anytime on Sanctuary in the last 10 years.
- There is a continuing Shard Plot Line that is intended to involve estate owners, alliance (guilds), and regular players. If you wish to maximize your role-play involvement we encourage you to design a character that will get involved.
We are not looking for a literary presentation, rather simply to understand the situation of your character's arrival so that we can head off any misunderstandings at the time of application.
- As stated elsewhere, the application team is looking for a basic backstory of less then 400 words that simply explains what the character was doing prior to arriving in Sanctuary.
- We do not wish to have "earth religions" introduced by "characters from historical earth". Let's keep things in the fantasy realm, earth-like religions from earth-similar worlds are just fine.
- You may not apply for a known character of existing lore -- original characters only. If your OC appears too similar to a canon character; any admin, at any point, may required you to submit an application for a completely different character premise. Don't come near the line.