From Sanctuary Shard
At some point in the last 10 years you left your previous life behind. All that you had accomplished, all that you had struggled for, and all that you had lost was understood to only be the beginning of what this journey has forged you for. You are a hero no matter how small or mild you may feel, inside you exists an ancient seed to make changes at the mythic level.
On your journey from your past lives, to this new world, you come to understand that this is the last struggle, the last battle, the mythic age which forms all realities. Here, you will be swept along by the ravages of war and the struggle to make your ideals count. This is no simple story of hearth and home but rather of courage and conviction. In this new world you will take up a banner and lead armed forces in defense of your lands, try your wits at the Royal courts, and gain power to make change.
Two great dragons, one of iron and ice, one of amber and gold, encircle this birth place of beginnings. High in the sky soars Ancalagon the Black, his movements chase back the sun and hold power over the moon and tides. While deep in the earth roils Jormungandr the world serpent, the fluid mass of the land a cauldron of earth and fire. Over and over they summon gods and heroes to via for supremacy. Our heroes are set within the land, to lead noble houses in honor of their chosen gods. Only those gods who are set in effigy upon the Arcanum crystals that lie at the center of each of the kingdom capitals.
Your arrival in Sanctuary, which is called Cuiviénen by the Aelfeyn, begins on Summer Isle home to the Grey Rider. A island in the western sea which is a true sanctuary. The Grey Rider protects his lands from the ravages of war, making it an excellent location for vacation and commerce. Most of the heroes keep homes or shops here where they are able to welcome new realm arrivals.
The Role-Play Setting
- A starter island that includes new player hunting plus shop & home rentals. Summer Isle will be the primary "random encounter role-play" location.
- Five races with a broad selection sub-species.
- A vast world map with five kingdoms, 5 capital cities and (eventually) 2-4 towns per kingdom. This map is the primary "world stage" supporting the role-play of royal courts and the movement of NPC and player armies.
- A web-based tool that bring the conflict of kingdoms and noble houses directly into the hands of the players. RPCSS is a role-play conquest simulation system where the player leaders of NPC armies can be direct on the world map. See your armies in game, fight other players, win control of towns and kingdoms.
- Mondain's Legacy server running Serv-UO with custom scripts.
- Two custom facets: Smaller starter facet to facilitate new players and role-play interaction. Large map for exploration, hunting, and world events.
- AOS Disabled
- Custom Clothing
- Custom Craftables
- Custom MOBs