Estate Details (RPCSS)
From Sanctuary Shard
Expanded details for the new estate owner and kingdom ruler. What is available to you and what do we have planned for the future.
What is your title?
The average estate owner, not of one of the capitals, would be of the Earl rank, which is Jarl in Midrvegr. There is only one estate that would wield the title of Duke/Duchess, the castle at Novachebay, because it's a level 2 fortification like the capitals. However, Midrvegr doesn't use Duke as a title culturally.
At some point, other estates will advance to level 2 and such a title would be appropriate. But, for the most part people just use Lord/Lady or choose their own culturally relevant titles.
Andus will use Shah, Emir and Bey respectively for King, Duke and Earl.
- Titles are set on the kingdoms corresponding alliance (Guild Stone)
This is the current implementation, tag staff in discord channel #staff-attention.
- You may request that a house sign be set up for one building in your area. It can be the entire castle, only a portion of the castle, or even another house in the area, as you wish. Rental costs are standard for Cuivenien.
- You will be able to evict other players living in your hexacre(s) by paging staff and asking them to use our eviction command on house signs.
- There is a guard zone set up around your estate (or main castle) in a 100x100 tile zone where the UO guards can be called.
- You may request NPC Spawns, see below.
- You may request upgrades to your estate, by reading the guideline link and then posting your request to the map board.
NPCs and Spawns
At the time of this writing (5/10/20), I have reviewed the mainland spawns. A few got trimmed, most just got organized and renamed. I will be happy to talk to each new estate owner and make sure that they have a banker, a town crier, a postman, and other vendors suitable to their estate's decoration.
- I am also happy to review the lands around your estate to make sure they have location-appropriate birds, wild animals, domesticated animals.
- As well as few monsters, such as corpsers, which are naturally occurring in certain zones.
- The mainland currently doesn't have many other custom nooks and crannies, but our goal is to include those after all the fort upgrades are done.
- If you are looking for something special, such as a herd of unicorns I may require RPCSS gold for the rare spawn type. Feel free to discuss with me.
The following designs are planned for 2021.
- You will be able to go to the mainland, Cuiviénen, and using a sextant establish an estate. This process will place an estate stone, ask you to name your estate, and create a team for you in RPCSS where you will manage your estate.
- You will have control over the housing in your hexacre(s).
- You will be able to evict other players living in your hexacre(s) via the estate stone.
- You will get NPC henchmen to take hunting, attack other player armies with, and defend your land.
- You will get bonuses to resources and potentially unique resources.
- You will be able to release BODs to your Quarter Master which when completed will improve your armies initiative.
- You will be able to buy decoration and building upgrades with RPCSS gold bars. Guidelines:
- Much much more
Regarding the Estate Building(s)
Please understand that the estates are not all created equally. We have been building for a long time, almost 20 years, and we have many builds on the mainland from past shards. Further, we imported some of the estate builds from UO Architect and while we selected the best of the choices, we recognize they are not our "best work". Consequently, any "complaint" that one estate has a bigger/smaller house than another, is prettier/uglier than another, or better/worse decorated then another will be met with the following guidelines:
- If your estate was one of the UO Architect estates that hasn't been "upgraded" we'll get to it in an order that is directly relevant to who's most active. That list is here: http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/showthread.php?tid=982&pid=3056#pid3056
- If your requests are simple, say 5-10 mins for the CED team to do then you may post your request to the build boards and someone may be in the mood to do something quick: http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22
- Other than that, you will be able to purchase build time with your RPCSS gold as per this thread: http://forums.sanctuaryshard.com/showthread.php?tid=1028
- Upgrades must remain thematic to the building and area.
If you are coveting someone else's estate, instead of expecting us to make your estate like that, go take theirs.