Dynamic Mob System (Staff)
From Sanctuary Shard
The Dynamic Mob System is a custom designed solution for Sanctuary that works with the XMLSpawners. The DMS allows staff to create virtual mob definations that can be called on the XMLSpawners without having to set individual properties on each XMLSpawner mob line.
The system begins by adding a new Dynamic Mob with a defination name (defname). The mob is defined by a few core elements; the base-creature and the creature-body. The base-creature tells the mob how it functions in combat, and the creature-body is what the mob looks like, the sounds it makes, and its death appearance. There are other elements that can be set such as the hue, the AI, the fight mode, the weapon type, etc.
After a mob is defined it can be added to the XMLspawner via the use of a new button that will load up a list of the Dynamic Mob definitions for the user to select from. Once the user has selected the definition they will also select the difficulty of the mob, level 1 to 5. This will create the line entry on the xmlspawner that will look something like this: base-creature/isDMS/DefName/Level/2
- Copy Mob Setting
- Definition Name
- What is called on the spawner when set as DMob1/isDMS/defname
- Display Name
- Must also define corpse name
- Must also pick up sounds at the time of generation by "spawning" the creature being used for the body and saving off its BaseSoundID, Body, BodyValue, CorpseName, Flying. Confirm corpse graphic is picked up from Body or BodyValue.
- Picks up the entire combat functionality of a scripted mob and which can be further modified:
- AI - Each AI choice tweaks up the base mob property by some pre-defined percentage per skill/stat defined below.
- Weapon Type (mace, sword, fencing, bow, crossbow)
- Pack Instinct (canine, ostard, feline, aracnid, demon, bear, equine, bull).
- Fight Mode - Please read the code and see if these work.
- Environment Category
- artic, graveyard, forest
- Type Category
- humanoid/orc, humanoid/troll, animal/snow leopard
- Hair Color Range
- Skin Color Range
- Props for Items
This section currently applies only to non-human mobs. A pack instinct can also be set for bear, canine, ostard, feline, arachnid, demon, equine, and bull.
This is the AI used by most creatures. Non-human mobs use the wresting skill and do no special weapon abilities if no weapon is equipped. If the custom mob is equipped with a sword type, mace type or fencing type weapon it will use that skill and do the weapon type attack.
- wrestling, sword/fencing/mace, str, dex, hits, min/max dam, tactics, ar+
This AI will shoot a bow or crossbow depending on what is equipped. If the custom mob can be equipped with either a bow or crossbow.
- archery, tactics, str, dex, hits, ar
This is the same as the melee AI but will never flee. Non-human mobs use the wresting skill and do no special weapon abilities if no weapon is equipped. If the custom mob is equipped with a sword type, mace type or fencing type weapon it will use that skill and do the weapon type attack.
- wrestling, sword/fencing/mace, str, dex, hits, min/max dam+, tactics, ar++
Spellcaster AI that won't actually close, but if closed on will switch to wrestling. Uses Magery, will heal, bless and cure himself. May meditate as needed. Spell attacks are: poison, paralyse, curse, magic arrow, harm, fire ball, lightning, mind blast, energy bolt, explosion, flame strike, weaken, clumsy, feebleminded, mana drain and dispel. Has a rare combo of paralyse + explosion.
- magery+, eval int, meditation, int, mana, wrestling
Might be partially broken. Spellcaster AI that won't actually close, but if closed on will switch to wrestling. Uses Necromancy spells for more offense. Will use magery to heal, bless and cure himself. May meditate as needed. Spell attacks are: pain spike, poison strike, strangle, wither, vengeful spirit, blood oath, corpse skin, evil omen, mind rot, and (magery) dispel. Will do combos.
- magery, necromancy, eval int, meditation, int, mana, wrestling
Probably broken for now.
Spellcaster that uses necromancy and magery spells offensively. Will animate corpses. See Mage_magery and mage_necro for spells used.
- magery+, necromancy+, eval int+, meditation, int, mana+, wrestling
Might be partially broken because we have throwing weapons disabled. Melee AI that hides. Uses some deception abilities that need to be fixed.
This is a melee character that will teleport to his target. He will hide if no longer in combat.
- wrestling, sword/fencing/mace, str, dex, hits, min/max dam, tactics+, ar+, hiding
This is the same as the Ninja AI but uses precision instead of deception and is likely broken.
Spellcaster uses both necromancy and magery. He will close distance when attacked. He will stun but needs wrestling and anatomy over 80 to perform the stun. He will attempt to flee when close to death if he is not paragon. Otherwise similiar to the Necro Mage AI above.
- magery+, necromancy+, eval int+, meditation, int, mana+, wrestling+, anatomy+
This is broken.
May not work because it tries to steal from the player. We may not want this anyway.
Base Mob Setting
- Min/Max Damage