From Sanctuary Shard
Table of Contents for all Staff Pages.
- First (color) rule: If it GLOWS, SPANGLES, SPARKLES OR TWITCHES ... it's NOT okay! Approved colors here.
- Second staff rule: No mounts, no gm robes, just look normal and approachable, nothing that is "cool" or "impressive".
- NEVER do for yourself, your friends, your spouse or your guild mates. Ask another staffer to do it.
- The flip side of this coin: Don't take any negative actions for anyone you have recently clashed with, whether it was IC or OOC.
- Don't spawn mobs without KNOWING they are in THIS game and working. We have fixed most of the broken mobs with the High Seas expansion update, but there are still some in the code that we've not found and fixed. Don't go randomly poking around and spawning mobs.
- Please check the wiki FIRST before asking in Discord. If the information is not on the wiki, please put a note in the wiki update channel to let wiki staff know it needs to be added.
- Do not touch the spawners unless specifically cleared by Lara to do so.
- Help set up new players with hair, skin and shape change, make sure you know which hues are approved, and have read the Non-Human Avatars (Rules) for graphics.
- Read the bug boards, and help answer posts that might not be bugs, but are rather player ignorance. Be polite.
- Answer questions in Discord, and help players get their game set up.
- Have a wiki account and USE IT. If there is a place that we have set up that asks staff to document things, assume it is your responsibility to help get it documented.
- Read applications and thumb up if they look good, if you have questions on apps, ask an admin. Only admins (Daisy, Hal, Mith, and Lara) approve and move apps.
- PROMOTE RPCSS in Discord and when talking to new players. This is a new thing, and I know many staff are not sure how it will play out, but we need to encourage players to be aware of it and to choose houses to join.
- Support Estate Owners and Alliance Leaders. If they ask for something, and it doesn't seem like a cheat or unfair, help them out. This includes doing decoration for events, making gifts for events, giving out a dye tub or two in their house colors, etc. They are doing the work of our seer team, make them feel supported and appreciated.
- Setup housing: Housing (Staff)
At this time, I am not hiring seers. Nor do I want general staff doing seer or storyline stuff. I need players to look to RPCSS for their story lines and break the expectation of staff provided stories. This is going to take some time, and staff should be focused on supporting houses or running their own houses as players, or offering to run NPC mob houses in RPCSS.
If you like the idea of being the Troll Leader, we can set you up in RPCSS with a "Troll Team" and you can move troll armies around the map like others move their armies. You will be expected to have a Troll Leader character to role-play out negotiations and stuff.
This is a list of basic rules. However, these rules do not constitiute permission to touch spawners. You still need Lara's specific permission to mess with spawners.
- All spawners MUST be named. They must be named using the standards on the shard for naming spawners. You can not make up new naming conventions for your project, you must use the standards in place.
- If the spanwer is temporary, regardless of practice or quests, it must have your name and the date, with the year in the name of the spawner.
- I prefer LESS spanwers to more spanwers, this is most obviously when you look at the NPC spawners.
- You HAVE to check the loot drops on the shard. Not all loot drops on the first time, and some is unique to the player that kills it. You are responsible for knowing what loot the mob might drop, either because its already spawned on the shard, or you've had a game developer check it for you.
- Document document document. With the exception of quests, all spawning should be listed on the forums under the spawner boards, and then moved to archive by Daisy or Lara when reviewed and approved.
- Clean up after yourself! Do not leave spawners out and about after you have played with them. The only exception is in green acres, but expect those to be cleaned up every few months, so don't get upset if they are removed.
- Their houses and vendors will not be released until at least 72 hours have passed.
- This will never be done at the request of a player who wants the building. The more someone asks, the more secretive I will get about when I release it. :)
Pages in category "Staff"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.