From Sanctuary Shard
- Upon your arrival ...
- A basic breakdown of what your character might reasonably discover upon their arrival. In general, the NPCs of this world are positively predisposed to arriving heroes. We've organized some of the first lore that players should read for the edification of their characters. Read More ..
- Time Line
- The current age begins with the Fall Equinox of the current year (2019). The previous age lasted nearly 2000 years, with a recent world war lasting more then 30 years in the last century. The events of Sanctuary ring throughout other worlds to greater and lesser extent. Read More ..
- The native people of Sanctuary are have become accustomed to unusual and sweeping changes in the leadership and ruling class of their individual kingdoms as noble houses, both great and small ever vie for control of the lands. This fiction is brought to life in the web-based game RPCSS which allows for player teams to compete for control of estates, strongholds, castles and the five capitals. However, each kingdom has its own traditions of leadership, some of which have been in implementation for centuries.
- History TOC
- This list of expanded history is presented as a series of lectures taught at the various colleges, libraries and universities on Cuivienen. This lore is readily available to any character actively seeking the knowledge. Read Me ..
- Given the very nature of Sanctuary, new languages and words enter the kingdom daily. Language develops slowly, while slang can develop very quickly. The villagers, in all places except Emlyn, have become used to new words, especially those of the ruling class which are often picked up quickly by the younger generation. In general, however, there are some trends that exist across the realms. Read More ...
- This page will serve to explain how both game mech and role-play magic functions on Sanctuary. This is not a game manual page, but rather a lore page, intended to help players understand the basics behind Sanctuary magic. Read More ..
- Native People
- Native People
- Origin Myth
- At some point in the last 10 years, you left your previous life behind. All that you had accomplished, all that you had struggled for, and all that you had lost was understood to only be the beginning of what this journey has forged you for. You are a hero; no matter how small or mild you may feel, inside you exists an ancient seed to make changes at the mythic level. Read More ..
- A wide variety of gods have moved in and out of power over the many millennia since Sanctuary was formed. The most powerful gods are those whose statues sit on the Arcanum Crystals at the five kingdom capitals. This page describes those gods, their related divinities, and those gods currently worshiped by the Noble Houses. As noble houses come and go, this page will need to be updated. Read More ..
- Population & Land Mass
- Like most games, the actual size of the map is smaller than the fictional size of the map. This page will detail the comparative values of actual map size to fictional map size. Read More ..
- Racial Leadership
- Unlike the earlier incarnation of Sanctuary, the storyline is based around kingdoms with are multi-racial, rather then the races themselves. While races certainly have cultural traditions as to how they prefer to organize themselves, we are not assigning racial leads; to players or staff. The lore on each of the race pages is just that ... lore. Players should not expect to see any reliable presence of the racial leadership in game, but rather focus on the storyline between estates. The real power lies in the land-based armies of the estate owners and the political power of the alliances. If and when a situation requires the formation of an in-game presence for any of the racial leadership, it will be addressed then. Read More ..
- The religious examples presented for each kingdom represent both ancient tradition and recent times. The last 2000 years has been the rule of the Thorn King. Only recently have new forces returned, remember to check the kingdom threads for the official religion of each kingdom. Read More ..
Pages in category "Lore"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.